Boo! Don’t let October scare you. If you acted on the plans we suggested last month, you should be ready to slay this month. You have your fall/ Halloween décor lined out, your October specials planned, expo tickets registered and a game plan for who is working Halloween and maybe even Thanksgiving already. Yes! Doesn’t that feel nice.
Let’s keep the momentum going. Time to decorate and get in the fall feels. Enjoy this with your employee’s and make it fun. Talk about ideas for next month on décor, and specials. Start planning your Thanksgiving deals and work schedules. It is also a great time to start planning Christmas/ Winter décor and work schedules.
Marketing Tip* One cute idea is to place suckers (orange pumpkins or use tissue and make a ghost) in a decorative container filled with rice or other type substance so that suckers stand up. Mark the bottoms of random suckers with different colors. When a customer purchases a product let them choose a sucker. The color on the bottom corresponds to a percentage of the product they are purchasing.
We hope you made room for new products because there will be several released this month! Try not to bring in too many new items at once as it overwhelms both customers and employees. Pick about 3 and feature them for a week to a month. This ensures you always have something NEW and exciting in your salon.
Here are some Ideas and Holidays for October:
First October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is a great time to donate by giving a portion of sales from a specific lotion (a pink one) to the Breast Cancer charity of your choice.
- October 1st- International Coffee Day- offer a cup of joe to morning tanners with a special on a coffee themed product. This is also National Hair Day- a great time to market hair items.
- October 3rd- is National Boyfriend Day- offer a tanning for two special.
- October 4th is World Animal Day- ask followers to post a picture of their favorite pet. Then vote on the cutest photo. Winner gets a free week of tanning. This is also World Smile Day- offer a special on your in-bed teeth whitening products.
- October 5th- World Teachers Day- Teachers tan for ½ price
- October 16th- National Boss’s Day- make sure you have gift certificates available and market this
- October 21th- National Apple Day- come up with an Apple themed special
- October 26th- National Pumpkin Day- Time to move remaining pumpkin products
- October 31st- Halloween! Partner with neighboring businesses for a trunk or treat
Good luck, and we will plan with you again next month!