Every year Heartland has hosted a winter expo to help educate, motivate, and jump-start the new tanning season, and this year will be no different. When planning the event this year we listened to salons’ concerns and the current economic conditions. Here is what we found:
- Staffing in January is complicated. Salons are either in the process of hiring or are still working with a limited staff.
- The cost of travel, hotel, and other accommodations (especially bringing staff) can quickly become a hardship for salon owners, especially after the slow season.
- These events really only benefit those who attend. This means any new hires are left with limited resources for education and training.
- Taking time away from the salon just as the season is starting or running a slim crew can be challenging for salon owners.
- The weather in Kansas City is unpredictable in the winter and can impact speakers' and attendees’ ability to travel.
- A downturned economy puts events like this out of budget for some salon businesses.
When we looked at these factors, Heartland decided to figure out a better way to combat these issues and provide more value to our salon partners without sacrificing the need for this timely educational event. By going virtual we can eliminate about 90% of these concerns. But there was hesitation.
Only a few short years from lockdowns, would people want to do an online event?
We know the importance of in-person gatherings. With our Owners Retreat in June, we can spoil salon owners and managers to celebrate a successful season, without salons having to break the bank to bring all the staff.
We also know that while webinars are nice, some are getting burned out on attending them. But this isn’t a webinar! This event is a fun, interactive event combining education and entertainment. To make it even more beneficial, this event will be recorded. This means you have training for all new hires all season long! Have staff that needed to cover the salon so you could attend? No problem. You can watch it over and over again. Pro Tip: Have some fun and host a watch party; you’ll see your staff soak up the information. Did we mention that we will still have giveaways, prizes, and Media Kits with hundreds of dollars worth of products?
This will be an event everyone will be talking about. Don’t be left out. Register today!