Here we are, the Wednesday before Labor Day. Where did the Summer go? It is hard to believe it is time to start planning out your strategies for the Holiday Season. Planning ahead will help you enjoy the Holidays instead of stressing about all you have to do. From now until the end of the year we will post a checklist if you will of things to do that month to stay ahead of the game. This month we will focus on marketing and planning for September and October. Let's dive right in!
Events to attend
If you are local you won't want to miss out on Pastries and Products here at Heartland Tanning on October 3rd! New Sunshine will be here going over new 2020 products as well as marketing and sales tips. There are also several webinars scheduled for October that you will want to attend. Plan ahead for these to ensure you have coverage at the salon or employee's that can attend for you.
Calendar days to pay attention to in September
- 9/2 -Of course Labor Day is an amazing time to have a sale as customers celebrate the end of Summer. This is also world coconut day! Showcase your favorite coconut inspired products on social media and in the salon
- 9/3- Telephone Tuesday- this is a great time to call or text past customers with an offer just for them in an attempt to get them back.
- 9/5- International Day of Charity- Random acts of kindness are always special. Do something to give back to the community today. It's also Cheese Pizza Day. Order a few pies during the lunch rush for customers as a lunch time special.
- 9/8- Grandparents Day- Offer a special for all Grandparents
- 9/20 - National Pepperoni Pizza Day- Again would make a great lunch rush special for those tanning on their lunch break.
- 9/21 - National Dance Day- Use an app like Tik Tok to make a cute video of employee's dancing at salon. Great for social media
- 9/26- National Family Day- How about a BOGO for tanners who bring a member of the family with them?
- 9/28- National Neighbor Day- BOGO's would be a good fit here also
- September is also National Honey and Papaya month- Create a lotion themed special around these.
Start adding in some fall decor now but be thinking of any Halloween items you will want to add next month. It is also a good time to start brainstorming with employee's about October specials. Start the discussion about work schedules for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Having this lined out ahead of time will save you a headache later.
Hope this helps you get a jump on this season. Stay tuned for Octobers planning.