The word Corona usually sparks visions of relaxing with a cold beer however 2020 has drastically changed the way people think when they hear this word. Some worry and prep for an end of days scenario while some believe the entire thing is nothing more than the Media inducing panic and fear. Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, it is ALWAYS a good idea to think proactively and prepare your business for any situation.
While the COVID-19 virus is a new buzz there are other colds and viruses that have been around for years. To protect yourself and your employees and customers it is necessary to take certain precautions daily. Some of these are not new (people have been or should have been washing hands all their life), and some are simply good practices to put in place. Here are some tips to help your business during the season.
- DISINFECT EVERYTHING- Of course, you clean the tanning beds after each use, but what about other surfaces? Make a habit of wiping down counters, furniture, bathrooms, and doors as often as possible. Use a medical-grade cleaner such as Lucasol and be sure to follow mixing and cleaning instructions on the bottle precisely.
- PAY ATTENTION TO EYEWEAR- Our eyes are susceptible to many things. Take extra care when cleaning and disinfecting. If your state requires you to provide eyewear it is better to give a disposable such as Wink-ease. Educate your customers on the advantages of purchasing their own eyewear and proper ways to clean and store them. AVOID RUBBING EYES!
- STOCK UP- Some items are manufactured overseas. Never be without, especially during the season. Make sure you order back up supplies to have on hand, you never know when a backorder situation could occur.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF- if you are sick you can’t effectively run your business. Encourage your employees to do the same. Have a backup plan for when employees get sick as well. Make sure everyone practices good hygiene by washing hands and avoiding those that are ill.
- MAKE IT A TEAM EFFORT- Your business is only as good as your team running it. Have an issue? Run it past your team. Together come up with ways to solve the issue and decide as a group the best course of action. Teams will be more eager to help if they helped come up with the plan.
If you found this post helpful, please share. Remember “Sunshine is the best medicine”