Tanning is all about making your skin look great, but when you have a skin issue, you may feel hesitant to show off your gorgeous tan. Maybe you have heard it called “Chicken Skin”, or “Strawberry Skin” but the official term for those annoying little bumps on upper arms, thighs, cheeks, or buttocks is actually called Keratosis Pilaris.
While it isn’t known why some people develop this and not others, what we do know is that many people deal with the condition which is caused by the keratin in body hair getting clogged in pores and blocking growing hair follicles.
So what can you do to help prevent this, or lessen the appearance of these tiny nuisances?
- Soak it up- taking short warm baths can help loosen and unclog pores. Kick your bath into high by adding some bubbling bath salts such as the Primal Elements Detox, or Sore Muscle, or go for a sweeter version with Aloha, Cupcake, or Pineapple Rum Splash.
- EXFOLIATE- Daily exfoliation not only improves the appearance of the skin, but it also helps keep it soft and smooth. We recommend the Dermasuri Exfoliating Mitt. This is a favorite of many celebrities and makeup artists such as Giuliana Rancic who calls the mitt her obsession. Kim Vo says it is the best kept red-carpet secret.
- Cleanse right- The Crème Double Cleanse with Rose Water helps soothe irritated skin for a better complexion.
- Turn around- Using a product with Lactic Acids such as the Crème-Coction Bright Brilliance Oil, or the Lactic Acid Serum will help cells turn over quickly and keep skin hydrated
- Moisturize- keep any bumps that remain soft with a quality daily moisturizer.
Everyone deserves to feel happy and show off the glow they achieve in your salon. Help your customers feel good in their skin again by supplying them with the tools they need.