Do you or your staff struggle with sales? Here are 6 techniques of passive selling to use so you can provide valuable information and expert advice to help the customer make an informed decision about their purchase, without being pushy or overwhelming. Added bonus at the end!
- When selling tanning products, it's essential to provide the customer with accurate information about the products to help them make an informed decision.
- Listen to the customer's needs and concerns. Ask questions to understand what the customer is looking for and what their specific needs are. This will help you recommend products that are best suited for them.
- Provide accurate and unbiased information about the products. Describe the features and benefits of the products, as well as any additional effects of their use such as tingle.
- Offer a range of options. Give the customer a choice of different products, including different bronzers and skin care formulations, so they can make an informed decision that best suits their needs and budget.
- Give advice and recommendations, not orders. Instead of telling the customer what to buy, provide them with your expert advice and make recommendations based on their specific needs and preferences.
- Follow up with the customer after the sale. After the customer has made a purchase, check in with them a few days later to see if they are satisfied with the product and if they have any questions or concerns. This helps to ensure customer satisfaction and build trust with the customer.
When speaking with customers focus on what's in it for them. What are the benefits?
"Our tanning lotions not only enhance the color of your tan, but they also contain nourishing ingredients that help to hydrate and protect your skin. By using a lotion specifically formulated for indoor tanning, you'll notice a deeper, longer-lasting tan and improved overall skin health. The lotion will help to keep your skin moisturized, which can reduce the risk of peeling and fading, and also will provide a reduced risk of sun damage. The lotion also contains additional ingredients like anti-aging, anti-oxidants, and vitamins which will leave your skin looking and feeling great. Would you like to try one today and see the difference for yourself?"
Even with passive sales techniques, you will still get occasional objections. Here are the top 5 objections and how to overcome them!
- "I don't need it, I'll just use my own lotion."
- You can overcome this objection by explaining how a lotion specifically formulated for indoor tanning will enhance the color of the tan and improve overall skin health. Additionally, you can mention that the lotion we have is enriched with ingredients that are not available in regular lotions.
- "It's too expensive."
- You can overcome this objection by pointing out the benefits of the lotion and how it will enhance the customer's tan, improve skin health, and how it will help to reduce the risk of peeling and fading which saves them time and money because the tan will develop faster. Additionally, you can offer a package deal or a membership with a discounted price for the lotion.
- "I don't want to get greasy or oily."
- You can overcome this objection by explaining that the lotion is specially formulated to be lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin, leaving it feeling hydrated without any greasiness or oiliness.
- "I'm not sure it will work for me."
- You can overcome this objection by offering a sample of the lotion or a money-back satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, you can share testimonials or reviews from other customers who have used the lotion and had success with it.
- "I'm allergic to something in lotion."
- You can overcome this objection by offering a variety of lotions with different ingredients, and you can ask the customer if they have any allergies or sensitivities and recommend a lotion that is suitable for them.
It's important to remember to listen to the customer's concerns and tailor your response to address their specific objections.